7.01.2012


The past two months have been an incredibly hard time for my family.   We were struggling with the every day issues we normally deal with and were staggered by some horrendous developments in our extended family.  I found myself beyond myself with stress and wondered how I would be able to be strong for the rest of my family.  Frequently I found myself holding my breath and had to remind myself to breathe.  Whenever I found myself tense and holding my breath, I would close my eyes and relax my body (especially my shoulders!).  Breathing deep I would pray and ask for the Peace of God that passes all understanding.  I found myself breathing in the breath of heaven and breathing out my worries and fears.

This piece of artwork developed during these periods of deep peace.  I’d started it a few months ago but put it aside when I was stumped on how to finish it.  It just stopped talking to me, you know?  This past week or so I found it and started to get excited about some ideas gelling in my artistic brain.  I needed to finish it with something as textural as what I started it with.  So the dimensional flowers started to grow.  They went through about ten different layers and colors before I was happy with the look.   If you touch them, they feel like ceramic!  As I look at it now… it’s just feels perfect.  I hope you enjoy it too.
You can look in the last post to see what it looked like when I stopped working on it.  This is what it looks like now.



4 comments:

Kim said...

It's beautiful Debi- I can see the texture even through the computer. My continued prayers for you and your family ♥

Becca said...

That's a beautiful piece Debi.
We are now living up here in the Seattle area and loving every minute of it! I don't miss the desert at all!
Wishing peace for you and your family.

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Dear Debi
I hope and pray that all is well with you. Please get in touch if I can help at all. Very best wishes, Carolyn - charleyarry23{at}aol.com
Tag Tuesday

Robin Heim said...

Great blog! I'm coming back later to read over A BIT OF CHRISTMAS WHISPERING! So, so glad to be participating in Flying Lessons with so many remarkable and talented women! ~ Seasons of Grace & Wisdom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...