6.20.2014

Summer of Color 4 - Week 2

Our colors for this week are coral and teal with bright white.  The examples of this color combo have been WONDERFUL by all the participants and I really hope you get a chance to visit some of the blogs.  Just click on the SOC4 button on the right sidebar to go to the home site and start visiting the blogs!  You WON'T be sorry!  Here's my work for this week.

                                                                             

I achieved the color coral by mixing a warm yellow with magenta and adding a touch of orange.  I can't wait to see what the color combo is for next week!!!

I also completed a journal page this week and I thought I'd share it with you.  It was a quick sketch and the watercolor painting is a bit tight, but I'm happy with it.  I'm trying to get looser in my painting  (it's my goal for the summer!).


I'm working on this.  It's not done yet.  I'm not sure what it needs but it's just telling me it isn't finished yet.  I'll post again when I figure out what it needs to complete it!



And last but not least, I finished this mixed media piece for a friend.  She and I did an art trade and this is what I created for her.


It's all hand stitched and beaded and took quite awhile to finish.  Then I attached it to a canvas that I had covered in lace and painted a light shade of turquoise.  I'm so happy with the way it turned out and it was really hard to send it off to a new home!!!

See you next week!
HuGGs!
Debi

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gosh Debi, looks like you have a lot of lovely art for us to wow over this week. I really like your SOC entry, but that hand stitched art is beyond gorgeous. You are very talented.

sheila 77 said...

Your SOC vase of flowers is terrific, I like the shape of the vase and the very pretty flowers, so beautifully arranged.
I also like your bird in a teacup very much indeed and your two textile art pieces.
The first is very effective with the coloured lace and I wonder if you coloured it, and I can see how long it must have taken to make the second with all the stitched and beaded details.

Unknown said...

The little bird in the tea cup is so sweet!

DVArtist said...

Well done. Everything looks so pretty. I like mixing my own colors.
Nicole/Beadwright

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your work is gorgeous, Debi! I just love what you made for the SOC this week! And the other works of art are simply amazing!

Caz said...

all of your work is lovely! The flowers in the vase is so simple yet beautiful!

Tori B. said...

I love tea cups, so I just love the little bird sitting in one. How sweet! All your work is lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...