6.14.2014

Summer of Color 2014- week one

Week one is over and I had so much fun creating art in this color scheme:
                                                                         

I had a little trouble with the hot pick color as it's not usually a color I gravitate towards, but I managed to find a bit to add to the two pieces I did this week.

The first piece I made was a fabric art piece.  I hand-sewed the little quilt-let and then attached it to a lace covered  canvas painted a a warm yellow with hints of pink added while wet.  I love mixing the fabric and paint medias together so much!

                                                                           

                                                                                 


If you want to play along there are quite a few more weeks to go!  Just click on the button on the right hand side bar to take you to the website that will tell you all about it!  AND  You can find many more sites to visit with artwork in any medium you can imagine using this color scheme this week.  I had so much fun doing this and can't wait to find out what the color scheme will be for next week!!!

                                                                          HuGGs!
                                                                             Debi

13 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Hi Debi. I like that you did two and they both came out beautifully. You are in the swing of things for SOC. Great job.
gloria

Victoria said...

Wow..both are so beautiful done..enchanting and magical too..stunning work!
Victoria
Thanks for your kind visit!

Halle said...

Both pieces are really great! Love the fabric piece especially!

Anonymous said...

found you via SOC
lovely pieces, i really like how you've done both of them

Karla B said...

Oh this is so darling!

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love both your canvas art piece and your art journal pages! Both are absolutely wonderful! I just love how you used the SOC colors!

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely pieces! I am particularly taken with the fabric piece.

CJ said...

Oh, I like them both. I have been using some scraps of lace in my art work ---it was handmade in Brazil when I lived there over 40 years ago and I forgot I had it until I was searching for something else. I was glad to see I'm not the only one to use lace.

Thanks for stopping to view my SOC post.

Caz said...

I love both of these pieces :-)

Unknown said...

Aww, they're both very sweet pieces!

sheila 77 said...

Both of these are lovely. It's good to see a textile piece in SOC. I like your journal pages, what a good idea to do one for each colour combination.

Carol Rigby said...

For some reason I can't view your second picture here but I saw it on your google+ page. Both pieces are beautiful. I love the combination of paper, textile and stitch but haven't done any textile work for ages.

BJ said...

Beautiful when I finally found it as I couldn't spot your name on the list and G+ is a mystery to me. Oh and now the number thingy too - aarrhhhh! BJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...