8.20.2009

Fabric Collage Wall Art



I've been really busy trying to create some art for my home. My husband has this saying that ANY of my artwork displayed in the home is for sale. Some of the things I've made have sentimental value, but for the right price, I guess anything is up for grabs. Well, I've made something that IS NOT for sale at any price.



There's been a lot of change going on in my life right now and for many reasons Bill and I are feeling somewhat like we did when we started out together 28 years ago. Our life was very SIMPLE. Bill was going to school and we were trying to make money in many diverse ways. There was a recession and many people were out of work. I think it's much worse right now, but a lot of the same circumstances that we found ourselves in then, we are in now. Back to renting, back to finding inovative ways to earn money, watch our health because our health insurance is minimal at best. This time it's just Bill and I (no kids at home now) but we are older and our bodies aren't what they used to be.



With that said, I've been doing a lot of praying and quiet time. I'm listening to uplifting music because I'm very sensitive to music. The right kind of music will make me feel better about the circumstances around me. And I've been creating while in this meditative mood.



I've created two wall pieces for the bedroom. There are many symbols in this work that speaks to my heart. I hope that it may touch yours too! (but it's still NOT for sale!)




The artwork that I've created these pieces around is the original artwork of DJ Pettit. She's a wonderful artist and friend. Talent, kindness, and a deep commitment to share her knowledge sets her apart in my heart. I'm lucky to know several of these artist/teachers and if you know one, you are VERY lucky! I believe as artist we need to share our talents with others to heal, uplift, and teach another generation to do the same. If you want to see more of DJ's wonderful work, just click on the blog post title and it'll take you to her blog where you can find out all about her and how she shares her art with others.



Many hours(MANY HOURS!) went into the making of these works of art. Please let me know what you think! OH! And by the way, the inspiration for the CONCEPT of these two wall-hangings goes to two wonderful artist friends of mine:
KC Willis and JoAnnA Pierotti! You find KC WIllis here: http://www.lipstickranch.com/ And you can find JoAnnA here: http://www.mosshill.blogs.com/ . These two artists are extraordinary and they both teach classes online! I love them both to pieces~


22 comments:

ellie said...

whoo! Absolutely gorgeous, Debi! And I wouldn't sell it either! lol Some things are just priceless...and this is most definitely one of those things!

Yvonne said...

I understand completely why you don't want to sell these pieces. I have some like that myself. You put your heart nto these and they show it. Wonderful Debi!

Kim said...

Stunning- the colors together are wonderful and the stitching and beadwork is amazing. Beautiful work my friend!

di from di-did-it said...

Wow, Debi! I'm in awe of these beautiful pieces. I don't blame you for keeping these for yourself. Thank you for sharing with us on your blog!

AwtemNymf said...

Debi- those are gorgeous! You've got talent with fiber art! Gorgeous! :)

Doina said...

Beautiful!

purplepaint said...

Debi - what beautiful pieces you have created! I loved reading about what you're going through, you're not alone. Hugs, Marva

JoAnnR said...

Debi I love your awesome paintings. It would be hard to be separated from these...so I would just keep these pieces too. Thanks for sharing. Butler, PA

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Debi,

Your art pieces are beautiful!
May you SING a song of happiness and GLOW through your New Beginning!

Wishing you all the best,
Norma S.

Judi B said...

These are spectacular, Debi! It sounds like we have been going through very similar journeys lately. I remember posting on your facebook that my DH and I have been hugely challenged financially. Asking big questions of God, but also knowing he has promised to be faithful!

Cindyw said...

Your art is so beautiful and detailed...and full of special meaning. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Denise Locke said...

Your beautiful art pieces that you made for yourself tug at my soul.. Yes, I too am going through some challenging life changes... it can be soo overwhelming at times... but like you, I have my Faith in Him and my art to keep things together. Your work is spectacular and like you I love Moss Hill (Joanna's) workshops.. Love in Art and Soul...xo Denise Locke

JoAnnR said...

JUST BEAUTIFUL...LOVE IT... You did a wonderful job and you can see that you put your heart into it... Thanks for sharing. JoAnn R

Fabric Art said...

Wonderful fabric collage, love everything about them I understand you, if I could made such beautiful collages I would keep them for myself.

Deborah Younglao, Silk Painter said...

Hi Debi - thank you for visiting and following my blog!

These are 2 beautiful collages - I love how you've combined all your elements. They can't help but bring you joy whenever you look at them!

I agree with you on the power of music to change your mood - so much better than any narcotic!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Your work is beautiful! I can't blame you for not selling. Have you considered a give away? Sorry .JK, couldn't resist joking. lol

my word verification is appreal. So perhaps a combination of appeal and appreciation so definitely my thoughts on your pieces:)

Dawn said...

some things are worth keeping and this inspirational piece deserves to have pride of place in YOUR home, not anyone elses so don't sell it.
I LOVE it, and you know music helps me greatly when I am in my room so I especially love the Sing sentiment, beautiful piece Debi GO GIRL!!!

Barb said...

These are truly beautiful! I can see why you want to keep them! So much work...but it was worth every minute!

Veleta (Sammy) said...

absolutely amazing and speaks right to my heart! Beautiful work!

HeARTworks said...

It's beautiful-if I created it, I wouldn't sell it either! It will lift your spirits high! Proclaim the word of God about what you want to happen in your life, and the word of God will not return to Him void. Always have hope that things will get better. God is waiting to bless you right now.
Patsy from
HeARTworks

Anonymous said...

i simply adore these collage works of art! they are so pretty! well done!

come by and visit me sometime too!

ciao bella
nice to meet you!
creative carmelina

Anonymous said...

Debi,
I would not get rid of these beautiful works of art. you put so much love and soul into these and it is for your health you need to keep these. They are precious and I am sure God is so proud of you as we are too.
What eye candy come out of our souls when we are inspired. thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs, Darlene xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...