10.16.2010

Cloth to Cloth Weavings

I told you I'd add a couple of things I'd been working on the past week or so.  Here are three more works in progress.  First a small indigo weaving, following Jude Hill's example on Spirit Cloth.  Hers is a true 9 patch and mine ended up being a modified one as I didn't have enough indigo cloth to do a nine patch.

Next is a combination cloth including a wee beast I started in the Spirit Cloth Beasts class.  In the C2C2 class I made a larger woven square and then cut out a circle in the middle.  It was perfect for my wee beast to fit into.   As I embellish her further my stitching will spill over the edges of the circle.


And last is a large woven piece that I put together on Monday and I'm itching to baste it down so I can play on it.  I tried out several sizes of weaving on the same cloth using the main three cloths.   I pinned up the circle that I cut out of the above weaving just to show you.  I'm pretty sure it won't go on this cloth!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually I like the circle on that third cloth. It looks as if it's made itself at home there. I love what you did with the second one too.

jude said...

these look so great! i am so excited to see you following through.

Els said...

Hi Debi,that's a long time ago, glad you found me. These woven pieces are very interesting. It's so nice to see all the results of cloth-to-cloth pop up here and there!!

twhIch aye said...

beautiful weavings... magical colors. your flower beast looks like she's queen of the valley.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...